Monday 23 February 2015

Book review 12: The Beast in Him, Shelly Laurenston (aka G.A. Aiken)

The Beast in Him (Pride #2) by Shelly Laurenston (aka G.A. Aiken)

German Version

Things to know:

  • I read the translated German version (original in English)
  • It was published April 2008 (German version in November 2011)
  • It has 325 pages (German 400)
  • It is set in New York (I'd guess early 2000s), about one year after book 1
  • I started: 19th February 2015 and ended it: 23rd Feb
  • Book 2 of "Pride" Series
  • Is set in the same world as the "Magnus Pack" Series, just shortly after, you don't need to read that though :) This time though, Sara and Zach have a short guest role.



Smitty and Mace work on a nerd party as security on very short notice. The host of the party is Jessica Ann Ward, who had a crush on Smitty before he left for the Navy. Jessie Ann isn't the shy nerd girl anymore who was hiding from the girls of the Smith-Pack, now she is the rich, sexy alpha of a wild dog pack, who doesn't even remember Smitty's name anymore. So what is the logical next step? Exactly, try to convince her to have a dinner with him. 
It takes a time, but somehow they get closer again. And when another wolf pack is trying to bribe Jessie Ann's pack, Smitty helps her even though it may course trouble for his own pack...


Okay, honestly, I don't think that I am taking much away when I tell you that yes, the two of them will become a couple! 
It took me some time to read into the book. I don't really know why, but even though I like both characters individually, I don't like them as a couple. The women of this series are all a bitchy and even aggressive, which isn't bad for one or two stories, but this was the 3rd women like that (though at least she has a moral) and when I think about the other women and men left from the packs and prides, it is crystal clear that the will be other couples similar to the 3 which already got together in this series.
I know I mentioned it already in my previous review, but Shelly Laurenston's/G.A. Aiken's characters all seem to have similar characteristics... I hope it will change at least a bit though, I am not giving up hope!

Lisa~

No comments:

Post a Comment