Saturday 26 July 2014

Day 1: Helsinki

Today my trip to Helsinki began. I woke up at 7am, made myself ready and left the house 7:45. I drove to the main station and got a phone call from my mum (she wanted to meet my in the train at another station) why I wasn't in the train with her. "Mum, you took the train ONE HOUR early!, I am already half an hour early". Thus we met at Düsseldorf Airport around 9 am, checked in and had breakfast. We ate, read books and waited until boarding at 11:20. We arrived after 2 hours and a bit in Helsinki (I am usually scared of flying, but Finnair made it easy for me, the pilot really knew what he was doing!). We got on the Finnair-bus at around 3:30ish, and drove to Helsinki central station. My mum was quite shocked how late it was until I told her that Helsinki is in a different timezone than Germany >.<
From the station we walked to our rented apartment were the landlord (or better lady) waited for us and explained us everything.
kitchen
 The flat is really nice we have a kitchen, bathroom with shower, a living room with fan and TV (I am sleeping there) and a bedroom which my mum sleeps in.
living room

living room

bedroom
hallway

bathroom





















 After we unpacked and everything it was already around 6 pm and we decided to just walk around a bit. We somehow found our way to a small harbour for the tour-ships.




We decided to get some ice cream and buy some main groceries, some prices we shocked us (Germany has one of the lowest grocery prices in Europe) but when we had to pay everything we "only" paid about 23€ for milk, orange juice, a couple of drinks, yogurt, corn flakes, tea, etc. We both thought it would be more!





On the way back we found a small restaurant called "Putte's" it had a great Pizza Magerita and my mum said the beer was good too :D
And another thing I found out : in restaurants you get water for free! We should have that in Germany too!



Now I can't wait for tomorrow, when I will finally meet Lily >.<

Lisa~

No comments:

Post a Comment