Sunday 27 July 2014

Day 2 - Helsinki


This night, I couldn't sleep at all. You might not believe it but temperatures got around 30°C today, which was just too hot to sleep.


Well anyway, today I met up with Lily (without my mum) at Kamppi centre around 11:30, we both were early though >.<
It is really great to know her in person now and I was very glad that she would show me around!






Our first priority was getting some cold bubbletea which was super great for me, because all the stores I know in Germany, are closed by now - what a shame!





Next we went to the Ateneum which has a Tove Jansson exhibition right now. The usual price for each ticket is 12€, if you have a student ID you can go in for 11€ and under 18-s are free of charge - lucky them.
The Museum is opened Tuesday to Sunday, on Tue and Fri 10am - 18pm, Wed and Thu 9am - 8pm and Sat + Sun 10am - 5pm.
Sadly no photos were allowed to be taken, thus I can't show you how great it looked from the inside.
For those of you who don't know Tove Jansson: she lived from 9th August 1914 to 27th June 2001. She was both born in Helsinki, and died here. She was an artist, writer and illustrator  best known for the Moomins, I hope you know them!
Not only did the Museum show Paintings and Illustrations be Jansson, they also had a couple of three-dimensional Moomin tableaux' by Tuulikki Pietilä.
If you'll be in Helsinki until 7th September, this exhibition is really worth a visit!!




We then went to a Moomin shop, the prices are very high, but I decided to get a reusable tea"bag" for 9€. I am tea addicted, thus I will use it a lot!
Postcards and an envelope
Moomin Postcards and Stamps
Postcard

We then did some postcard + book shopping. I got 3 Moomin postcards, one for my 7 year old (girl-) cousin, one for a Japanese pen pal and one for me, plus 6 Moomin Stamps. Then I got 4 really well designed postcards by Putinki Oy (Badland) and a cute envelope plus a "normal" stamp.
In another store I got this round postcard for myself and in a bookstore I got "Clockwork Angel" by Cassandra Clare, the prequel to "City of Bones" (which I haven't read yet, I'll just start with the prequel xD).



We went to have a very late breakfast around 3pm at a small breakfast-restaurant inspired by Tintin (the comic), where it also got it's name from. I really liked how they had a special Veggie breakfast plate. For 10,80€ i got 2 bread rolls, 3 slices each of cheese, tomato, salad and cucumber, some apple, a red juice, which I thought might contain cherry, a smoothie containing pineapple and as much tea /coffee as you want. Also you have free Wifi inside and even a washing machine for your clothes if you like! It is located outside of the city centre though.












We then went to the Linnanmäki park by foot. The entrance is free, you only have to pay if you want to go on the attractions, and that leaves you with a couple of choices: you can get a ticket for every attraction you want to go to, they are 8€ each, no matter where you want to go to, you can get a day ticket for 39€ allowing you to go on as many rides as you want, or you can take the afternoon fee for 30€ from 5pm until the park closes at 8pm.
Inside the park there are also touchscreens with a map of the park, which show you the attractions, and there is a Sea life inside (you get the tickets for half the price if you already have a day ticket for the park).




Lily and I decided to go on 3 rides because we were tired already from all the walking. We went into the Fun House, and on 2 water rides, on one we only got a tiny bit wet, on the other we got soaked!







We walked back to Kamppi centre and went to a groceries store, I found my favourite teas: "Strawberry Cupcake" and "Blueberry Muffin" from Lipton, and also some cool Lemonade from Moomins and Angry Birds which I just had to buy! So yummy!





Lily also got me some GREAT presents!
Towel and cup of the Moomins, a selection of teas, the 3rd book of the precious stone series (I am just reading the first) and postcard of Camilla d'Errico, who I love as an artist!
I really can't thank you enough Lily!

I hope my presents could just give back a little (after all it was HER birthday only 4 days ago!) .




Lisa~

No comments:

Post a Comment