Monday 8 June 2015

Amsterdam Trip 4th - 6th June 2015

I went to Amsterdam with University for 3 days. It is such a great city, I really want to live there one day, I felt so at home :3

On 4th June we all met 9 am and wanted to drive to Amsterdam. It's a 2 1/2 to 3 hour bus drive. BUT because someone overslept, we only left past 10 am. Then we went into a traffic Jam and and and... we planned to be there at noon, but only arrived at our hostel around 2.30pm -.-
We stayed in the Stay Okay Hostel next to the Vondelpark. A really great location, as the museumsplein is also really near. The food there was good too (for a hostel) I pre-ordered veggie food and there were no problems. I know others ordered gluten free and lactose free food which was also no problem :) The food was also really healthy.
 I can't tell you a lot about prices, as most of it was sponsored. We only payed 99€ for 2 nights, 2x each breakfast, lunch package and dinner, 2 museum entries, a boat tour, cinema ticket and transportation. REALLY CHEAP!

So, let's carry on with day one.
After we finally arrived we left our luggage in our rooms (4-beds). Sorry I took photos of practically everything except for the hostel and rooms xD
Then we made a student-for-student tour which we had to prepare first.
We walked to the main sights which were awesome. 
 After Dinner we went to the Eye Bioscoop (cinema) to watch a crime-comedy.
The cinema also has a museum inside and is located here:
IJpromenade 1 
(IJ is pronounced eye, get the joke?)
you can also find information here:
eyefilm.nl

Here are some pictures of day 1:

Rijksmuseum



Flowermarket


CHEEEESE!!!

In front the Eye Bioscoop


After only a little bit of sleep, we had to wake up early to eat and then meet as a group 9.30 am. We split into smaller groups and went to museums we could choose from.
 For day one I chose the Stedelijk Museum. It shows modern art (e.g Lichtenstein) and it also has a wonderful Matisse exhibition at the moment called "The Oasis of Matisse). This exhibition is there from March 27th to August 16th. If you  are interested in art, and in the area anyway, you should really go there! It's an awesome exhibition!
You can find the museum on the museumplein, it is opened everyday from 10am to 6 pm and on Thursdays until 10pm.
The Usual prices are: Adults 15€, Students 7,50€ and under 18 year olds are free.
Due to the Matisse exhibition everything is a bit more expensive at the moment though:
Adults  20€, and Students 10€

After the Museum Visit we had a bit of free time and met again around 2.30pm for a boat tour which started 3pm. Loved it, a must do in Amsterdam!

After Dinner we had a free evening, but as soon as we were free a bad storm came. 3 seconds outside and we were as wet as if we jumped into the water, so most of us stayed at the Hostel bar xD

Here some pics from day 2:

At the Museumsplein



Entry to Stedelijk









On the last day we had to wake up really early because check out was 9am -.-
After that we were able to leave our luggage and again we split up to go to different museums. This time I went to the Rijksmuseum, which is a must see in Amsterdam in my opinion!
It somehow reminded me of the Louvre in Paris by the way xD
The Rijksmuseum is opened every day from 9am to 5 pm.
Adults pay 17,50€ and under 18s can go for free.

After that we were free until 5 pm YEAY.
I had about 4-5 hours of free time which I spent shopping, eating and sightseeing.
As I was really busy looking for stuff and writing postcards, I didn't take a lot of photos xD
Here is one, plus the Starbucks Cups I bought <3





Well, I arrived home just before 10pm, and had to wake up the next morning early as I had to work starting 5.30am xD

It was a fantastic trip, I loved it.
I didn't want to leave at all xD

Lisa~

2 comments:

  1. Aww.. I really want to go to Amsterdam as well but I have way too many travel plans already and too many letters and postcards to be written and sent :D Happy you had a great time<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's perfect there <3 Maybe when you come visit me, we can go there for 2 days or something xD

      Delete