Monday 1 June 2015

Book Review 16 : A World Without Princes by Soman Chainani

Oh gosh, I am so behind on my book reviews >.< But Uni is so stressy, I had to work a lot and I just didn't want to read... But now I am finally back reading!!! And I hope nothing comes in my way again until I catch up with my goal (I should be reviewing book 22 now ARGH).


But anyway, here is the book I'll review this time:

A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil #2) by Soman Chainani
Things to know:
  • I read the original English version
  • It was published April 2014
  • It has 433 pages
  • It is set in The School for Good and Evil and Gavaldon of the Woods beyond
  • I started: 28th April and ended it: 1st June
  • Book 2 of a triology


Agatha and Sophie have returned to Gavaldon and are celebrated like heroes. But after a time, this wears off and Sophie's father is going to get married. During the celebrations Gavaldon gets attacked and wanted posters of Sophie appear. Agatha does her best to protect her friend, but the town eldest give Sophie to the attackers and Agatha follows her. 
They end up at school again, but it is no longer The School for Good and Evil, it is now The School for Girls and Boys. After Agatha decided for her friend and against her prince, something changed in the world of fairy tales. Girls no longer want Boys and the other way around. The Genders have become enemies, not good and evil.
In the school for girls, Aggie and Sophie are celebrated as heroes and role models again. Sophie loves this, Agatha wants to go back home. The problem is, for peace to be restored their story has to finish. There are 2 possible ways for this to happen, either both girls wish for return home together, or Agatha kisses her prince. But Sophie likes to be celebrated, and Tedros wants to kill Sophie to make sure Aggie can't decide for her again...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'd like to make sure once more that you know this book is supposed to be for children (around 8-12 as stated on book 1). 
I didn't like book one that much, book two wasn't better in my opinion. First of all, why would Agatha trust Sophie, if the latter tried to KILL her? It doesn't make sense to me. Then, why would good and evil team up even though they hated each other a couple of months ago, to fight people who they were friends with before, or even in love with. And why is it about killing each other? Those are children under the age of 16! WHY?
The only really good thing is, how the sexist view was changed. This book shows, girls can be boys as well, and the other way around. I loved that part actually xD
The rest of this review would be very similar to the one from book 1.

Should you read it? Nahhh... I mean if you read book one already okay, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend it... maybe to pre-teens or something >.<
But I have to say I'll probably read book 3 to finish the triology. Not because I like the series that much, but rather because this book had an open ending and I need a finishing line... honestly I get mad otherwise, I know I am strange!

This is all for now, I'll be glad to answer questions and I am always glad to get nice comments :)

Sorry for the short review >.<

Lisa~

No comments:

Post a Comment