Monday 8 June 2015

Book Review 17 : Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Yeay, I am picking up with reading :3 So happy >.<
This time I'll review "Allegiant" by Veronica Roth, the 3rd and last book of the famous "Divergent" Series.

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

German Version
 
Things to know:
  • I read the translated German version, the original is English
  • It was published October 2013
  • It has 512 pages (English 526
  • It is set in Chicago, Illinois (USA), in a future time
  • I started: 1st June and ended it: 6th June 2015
  • Book 3 of a triology


So, first of all I'd like to remind you again, that this is a review about the last book of the series, thus there will be spoilers to the first 2 books. You are warned! I won't tell you the end of this though :P


After everyone in the City saw Edith Prior's video, 2 main groups are founded; Those who want to stay in the city, lead by Evelyn, and those who want to go out and meet the other people. Though the latter group is doing everything in secret, as Evelyn has all the power.
Still, Tris and Tobias decide to leave together with Christina, Clara, Peter and Uriah. Tobias also rescues Caleb and forces him to go with them. 
As they leave the city, they are picked up by two people from the outside world, one of them being Amar, Tobia's educator and friend, who should be dead. 
As they go with Amar, they find out what really happened, what the fractions are about and what a divergent really is.
I can't tell you more, as those would be massive spoilers.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I Personally would give this 4.5 / 5 Stars. I totally loved it!! 
The only minus point be the switching between Tobias' and Tris' views, which was kind of confusing at times. But this is really needed in the book, and every chapter announces who's point of view the next part is. 
All the main characters develop in some way, human decisions are made, which seem realistic to me. 
As you already know if you read a previous book, this isn't a book where happiness is the main point, rather the decisions people make and what effects those have. 
I also love the ending. It's just logic. I won't go into more detail here sorry.
Honestly read this! I love it so much. One of the best books I've read this year!

I'll end this review here, as anything else would spoil something >.<

I hope you like this!

Lisa~

No comments:

Post a Comment