Tuesday 9 June 2015

Book Review 18: Sweep in Peace by Ilona Andrews

For all of you who don't know, the Innkeeper Chronicles are a free online fiction by Ilona Andrews, regularly updated on their blog. Later this will be published as a book as well, but on 7th June the last Chapter was added. YEAY!!! 
As I read this as it was written (more or less), I am sorry if I forget anything, but here you go:

Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles #2) by Ilona Andrews

Things to know:
  • I read the original English version
  • I read it whilst it was written (last chapter June 2015)
  • I don't know how many pages this has as I read it online, sorry
  • It is set in Texas, USA
  • I started: End 2014? some chapters were already up at that point and ended it: 7th June
  • Book 2 of the Series

Sean has left for an adventure, and Dina is in her Inn, with only one guest as always. She worries about her magical Inn, as it needs guests to survive. Not only because of finances, but because the magic of the Inn is stronger with people in it.
Then George, an Arbiter appears who asks Dina to host a peace treaty discussion at her Inn, which no body else would host.
Dina has to agree to save her home, but this is were the mess starts, as having three different parties at her Inn, who'd like to kill each other means a lot of stress...


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love Ilona Andrews, their books made me read again when I was 16. I hated reading so much beforehand! (And if you wonder why I am writing "their", it's because a wife and husband duo is behind this name).
The way this was published online for free made me take my time to complete the story. Usually I start a book, and when I like it, I read it in one or two days and I am finished. Here I couldn't do that. Even though I loved the story, I couldn't read more, as the authors were still in the writing process. It made me think about the story more, but also it gave me a tiny insight of the work authors do. This is a great Idea the two of them had!
I love how the characters develop in this story, and how you only get information slowly. Thus the tension also only builds up slowly.
There is nearly no romance in this book, which made me a little sad, but I guess this will be picked up in the next book.

Honestly, if you like fantasy go check out their page:  http://demo.ilona-andrews.com


This is all for now,

Lisa~

No comments:

Post a Comment